[Zope-DB] DCOracle2: close connection doesn't

Chris Withers chrisw at nipltd.com
Mon Sep 22 12:51:29 EDT 2003

Matthew T. Kromer wrote:
>> If you click the "Close Connection" button of a DCOracle 2 connection,
>> it doesn't actually close the connection. How come?
>
> Because you clicked on a meaningless button :)
>
> The close connection button causes the current DA instance to close its
> connection.  But it gets reopened in the next transaction.  There is no
> administrative close on DA objects.  Arguably there should be.

Not sure what you mean. If I push the close button on the DA object, it says
it's 'closed'. In that state, I wouldn't expect a transaction to re-open it, but
if it did, I'd expect the DA's state to change to 'open'. That doesn't appear to
happen ;-)

Also, I've had off-list reports of DCOracle2 keeping references to the session
even once it's connection has been closed. The specific report is that the
cursor carries on working even after you call db.close()
What kind of effect would that have here?

The same email also had reports of ZOracleDA leaking oracle connections, have
you experienced anything like that?

> Hmm I though I had fixed that tracker, but new zope org is frustrating
> to deal with =/

Glad to see it's not only us non-paying customers who love NZO so much ;-)
Any joy fixing it?

cheers,

Chris