R: R: [Zope-DB] ZODBCDA for Python 2.3.3

Andreas Jung andreas at andreas-jung.com
Fri Apr 2 00:21:06 EST 2004

--On Donnerstag, 1. April 2004 17:16 Uhr -0800 Cliff Quinn
<cquinn at fishAbility.biz> wrote:

> On 1 Apr 2004 at 16:33, you wrote:
>
> I wonder if the money many of us have put into Egenix could have
> better gone to zope corp to build this for us, then keep the ZOPE
> solution complete. Isn't that a possible model for you?

ZC gave you  already for free: Zope, ZEO, CMF. And I don't see why ZC should
provide everything for . First ZC has to survive somehow. Although I am not
with the role ZC is currently playing in the Zope community I don't see it
as their primary task to release everything for free. They are a company and
they need to make money to survive - ZC is not a charity organiziation.
To be sarcarstic: if you have the money for the license cost for windows
servers
and windows databases or databases on window  then you should have some
lousy
USD for the database adapter.

-ja