[Zope-DB] Firebird Database Adapter

Philip Kilner phil at xfr.co.uk
Tue Apr 6 03:05:49 EDT 2004

Hi Dieter,

Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Philip Kilner wrote at 2004-4-5 14:21 +0100:
>>Have just tried to get the kinterbasdbDA to work with Zope 2.7 / Plone
>>2.0 - with no joy. Seems it wants an earlier version of Python (Wants
>>Python21.dll, it seems).
>>
>>Has anyone else had any success with this, or any alternative DA for
>>Firebird? (FWIW, this is for Firebird 1.5)
>
> You (or someone else) must compile the DA against Python 2.3.3.

<embarrassed>

Erm...I'd managed to transpose the DA's for my two local Zope/Plone
installations - such that I'd applied the binary to the new one and the
source to the old one.

</embarrassed>

Now I've got the source DA against Zope 2.7 / Plone 2.0, it seems happy
- though I've not yet used it in earnest.

FWIW, the complexity is on the kinterbsdb side (Which explicitly
supports the Firebird / Python versions in play) - the DA side doesn't
/appear/ to have any dependencies thus far...

Cheers,

PhilK