[Zope-DB] Dynamically generate sql-query in ZSQL Method

Bo M. Maryniuck b.maryniuk at forbis.lt
Fri Apr 9 03:21:11 EDT 2004

On Thursday 08 April 2004 19:37, Peter Sabaini wrote:
> But one can still do this with ZSQL Methods, right?

Not Right Way but just ZSQL is the only way Zope can eat SQL through.
And ZSQL is still quite crappy: to define NUMBER (eq long), I need type a
"nonsence":

      <dtml-sqlvar foo type=float>

Then it works because DB converts types. But if I do "type=long" ZSQL
sais does not support it. Therefore you get messed up with the types.

And, to dynamically generate SQL I'd like to use Python Script and
let SQL Method will run it and eat its output instead of use complicated
DTML crap for SQL: sqlgroup, sqlvar, sqltest...

--
Regards, Bogdan T. M. Maryniuck

System programmer, Forbis UAB