[Zope-DB] Having trouble passing arguments through a submit button

Laura McCord Laura.McCord at doucet-austin.com
Thu Apr 29 20:02:09 EDT 2004

________________________________

From: Laura McCord
Sent: Thu 4/29/2004 7:01 PM
To: zope-db at zope.org

Hi,

 I am not sure if this is possible but  if I have a form like the form at the bottom of the page that displays user information I want to pass the user id to a edit form that will update the user information. So if I hit the Edit button I want it to take me to an edit form while passing the userid variable. How would I write this action? This is what I have in on my submit button for the "edit" button:

<form action="user_EditForm">
<input type=SUBMIT name="edit" value="Edit">
</form>

Normally to create the link to the edit form I have this: <a tal:attributes="href python: 'user_EditForm?userid=' + str(userid)">[edit]</a>  However, I don't know how to incorporate this with a submit button.

Thanks in Advance,
 Laura

User ID:	 1
Name:	 Laura McCord