[Zope-DB] Error Installing DCOracle2

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Tue Dec 7 14:56:21 EST 2004

Christian Klinger wrote at 2004-12-7 15:42 +0100:
>We try to install DCOracle2 on a Linux Machine.
>We use OracleClient "10.1.0.3.0" .
>dco2.c: In function `Cursor_bind':
>dco2.c:3393: error: `dword' undeclared (first use in this function)

Thus, the "dco2" code expects that something (probably an Oracle
header file) defines "dword" but the expectation does not hold.

Check whether some of the Oracle headers defined "dword" and
see whether you can include it.
If this does not work, check an older version of the Oracle
header files whether they contain the "dword" definition
and try to define it in "dco2.c". Note, you enter dangerous terrain
with this.

I have read that Oracle changed the content at the default places:

  Formerly, 32 bit libraries were at the default place;
  now there are the 64 bit libraries.
  The 32 bit libraries were moved at a different place.

Not sure whether this is valid for your installation as well.

It is is, then "dword" may be defined in the header files
for the 32 bit libraries.

--
Dieter