[Zope-DB] DCOracle2: ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: character string buffer too small

Matthew T. Kromer matt at bane.mi.org
Fri Dec 10 08:23:49 EST 2004

Unfortunately, this traceback shows the binding array being bound with
a size of 256 bytes only, which is the DEFAULTPROCSIZE constant defined
in DCOracle2.py.  That code WILL pick up the setoutput size from the
cursor, however.  The bad news is, I dont see anything in the procedure
code which will let you dynamically supply the cursor.  The stored
procedures pick up their cursor when they're created, and keep it (for
cursor, read: statement handle in the context of the current
connection).

One thing you should be able to do is grab the procedure's _cursor
attribute and call setoutputsize on it, e.g.

curs.procedure.generations.JAVAMARKER_INSERT_PROC._cursor.setoutputsize(
11,80000)

But that's kind of disturbing, I'll admit.