[Zope-DB] ZODBCDA problem.

Jaroslav Lukesh lukesh at seznam.cz
Tue Dec 14 20:46:25 EST 2004

Dne úterý, 7. prosince 2004 21:38 Ed Kellogg napsal(a):
> Hi all,
>   I am having a problem the ZODBCDA connector. Have the query set up
> correctly and it worked fine in the ZSQL Method however when it runs I
> get
>
>  Error Type: sql.error
> Error Value: ('22001', 8152, '[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL
> Server]String or binary data would be truncated.') .

how long are these data?

> the insert statement is as follows
>
> Insert into status (status) value(<dtml-sqlvar status=string>)
>
>  I am fairly new to Zope and is there a truncation issue with this
> driver or maybe I am not preparing the statement correctly before
> executing  it would help. I have scoured the net looking for an answer
> on this issue.
>
> I am using Zope 2.6.4 and ZODBCDA 3.1.2b2 for python v 2.1

google: lukesh "ms sql" OR mssql zope

(wow, how many pages get to waporized! before few months it was huge page!)

You will need:

http://zope.org/Members/thinmanj74/Z MS SQL Database Adapter

http://www.object-craft.com.au/projects/mssql/

freetds
freetds-devel

from http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1011127
         packages:
                sybase-common-11.9.2-3.i386.rpm
                sybase-ase-11.9.2-3.i386.rpm

(note that sybase freshly gives latest ASE for linux free, but I use above)

Code from OC needs small hack to work correctly with datatype "text", i was
send it to author, but no response.

--

                        Jaroslav Lukesh