[Zope-DB] Problems with transaction management and many database adapters

Federico Di Gregorio fog at initd.org
Thu Feb 5 14:27:11 EST 2004

Il gio, 2004-02-05 alle 19:29, Dieter Maurer ha scritto:
> I tried (in our private Zope installation) to do error handling
> in the same transaction as the main thread (as Toby suggested).
> But I failed due to a "get_transaction().begin()" at the begin of error
> handling (this calls an implicite "abort").

my view on the problem is that inside error handling code you can't
count on anything. db connection? can be fsck-ed. everything can be
fsck-ed, so an almost static page with (hidden) debug info and (visible)
excuses to the user is more than enough. zope is doing the right thing,
it just need to advertise its behaviour so that nobody gets bitten
again.

federico

--
Federico Di Gregorio                         http://people.initd.org/fog
Debian GNU/Linux Developer                                fog at debian.org
INIT.D Developer                                           fog at initd.org
  I terminali seriali sono in via di estinzione (infatti quello che
   c'era si è estinto)                                 -- Simone Caldana