[Zope-DB] error on installing mysql & zope on win-xp

Gustav Trennert gtrennert at ib-group.com
Fri Jul 9 04:17:24 EDT 2004

Hello,
I'm trying desperately to install ZMySQLDA on win-xp with zope 2.7.1
unter python 2.3

I have an error message when trying to run zope : first a system-error :
can't find python21.dll !!!
then the traceback saying (at the end) :
import _mysql
ImportError: DLL load failed: ...

I prodeeded as follows :
1) Zope Version 2.7.1
2) MySQL Version 4.0.20d
3) extract ZMySQLDA-2.0.8 to zope-products
4) extract BuildMySQLDA.zip\MSCV6\Release\_mysql.dll to zope\bin :
5) MySQL-python.exe-0.9.2.win32-py2.3
6) here I try to run zope and get the error-message !

Where does this call to a prvious version of python from ?
and : how can I make run zope with mysql ?

Thank you

Gustav Trennert