[Zope-DB] Problems with DCOracle2 and Zope2.7.1

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Jul 9 14:10:38 EDT 2004

Piotr Kral wrote at 2004-7-2 16:25 +0200:
>We have a problem with DCOracle2 in our application after upgrading from
>Zope-2.6.0 to 2.7.1. The problem is with Exceptions. When i call a
>python script like this:
>Error Type: Unauthorized
>Error Value: The container has no security assertions. Access to 1 of
>(dco2.DatabaseError instance at 0xb003164c) denied.

Security has been tighened before Zope 2.7.
This often bites applications...

You should probably read the Zope Developper Guide
to learn how to provide security declarations for
classes you need to access in TTW code.
You could use so called "monkey patching" of the respective
classes (search the archive of "zope at zope.org" for details)
to add the declarations without the need to change the code.

In case, your own security concerns are low,
my "TrustedExecutables" product may be helpful.
It provides "FSPythonScript"s ("FSPythonScript" comes
with CMF -- a file system based Python Script) without
any security restrictions.

  <http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope>

--
Dieter