[Zope-DB] Date / Time Ranges in mxODBC DA

Philip Kilner phil at xfr.co.uk
Tue Jul 20 05:30:17 EDT 2004

Hi List,

Am using Zope 2.7/Plone 2.03, mxODBC DA against MS SQL Server.

I'm seeing the error "The time -609897600.000000 is beyond the range of
this Python implementation." against a recordset which should have dates
within a "sane range". Earliest dates would be Dates of Birth, latest
would be within the next decade.

Data types in MS SQL Server are all datetime (the lack of discrete date
and time data types drives me wild, but that's another story!). I don't
see any silly dates in my data, and the data is all date and not time data.

I'm a little lost in identifying the data that throws this error,
especially since the data are all dates - any clues?

--

Regards,

PhilK

Email: phil at xfr.co.uk / Voicemail & Facsimile: 07092 070518

"The lyf so short, the craft so long to learne" - Chaucer