[Zope-DB] Clob's & DCOracle2

Bogdan M. Maryniuck b.maryniuk at forbis.lt
Fri Jul 23 08:02:01 EDT 2004

On Fri, Jul 23, 2004 at 10:44:16AM +0100, Chris Withers wrote:
> Interesting, I was under the umpression that cx_Oracle was better than
> DCOracle2. What's the author's comment on this problem?

I haven't even tried to get know why it does not works. Just tried to
call my procedure and got the same error (well, not the same, but looks
like the same).

But again, maybe I am wrong and did wrong things with cx_Oracle. If
somebody interested to experiment and you got good result with it,
please let me know. I will pass you PL/SQL code and please show me how
it works:

FUNCTION GET_CLB
  RETURN CLOB IS
  clb_test CLOB;
  BEGIN
     dbms_lob.createtemporary(lob_loc => clb_test, CACHE => TRUE );
     dmbs_lob.writeappend(clb_test, Length('Hi there'), 'Hi there');
  RETURN clb_test;
END GET_CLB;

--
Regards, Bogdan M. Maryniuk