[Zope-DB] Keyword search broken after upgrade from 2.6.3 -> 2.7.0 ...

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Mon Jun 7 16:37:37 EDT 2004

Just finished going through the routine of upgrading a client from 2.6.3
-> 2.7.0 ... for the most part, it went uneventful, mostly had to do with
getting the proper modules installed for the MySQL backend ...

But, they just found an error on their keyword search section of the site,
with the error generated being:

=============
Site Error

_mysql_exceptions.NotSupportedError

Sorry, a site error occurred.

Traceback (innermost last):

     * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 163, in publish_module_standard
     * Module Products.PlacelessTranslationService.PatchStringIO, line 51, in new_publish
     * Module Zope.App.startup, line 226, in abort
     * Module ZODB.Transaction, line 134, in abort
     * Module Shared.DC.ZRDB.TM, line 63, in abort
     * Module Products.ZMySQLDA.db, line 329, in _abort

NotSupportedError: (1196, "Warning: Some non-transactional changed tables couldn't be rolled back")

Troubleshooting Suggestions

     * The URL may be incorrect.
     * The parameters passed to this resource may be incorrect.
     * A resource that this resource relies on may be encountering an error.

For more detailed information about the error, please refer to error log.

If the error persists please contact the site maintainer. Thank you for your patience.

The rest of the site appears to be fine ... and there is nadda in the
event.log to indicate a missing module, or anything like that ... I know
nothing about zope/python and pretty close to nothing about MySQL, so
right now I'm totally fumbling around in here :(

Is there something obvious I should be looking at here?

Thanks ...

----