[Zope-DB] db Newbie Question

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu Jun 24 14:29:19 EDT 2004

Kevin Jones wrote at 2004-6-22 15:34 -0600:
>Is the eGenix "mxODBC Zope DA" the way to go?  Are there simpler
>(and free) products I can download to experiment with?  I've
>found a few how-to's, but have struggled with getting mySQL and
>ZMySQLDA to run.  I have Zope 2.7.0 and Windows XP.

I would go for it -- provided you need ODBC access (many
databases support native access).

There is also ZODBCDA. There are several known bugs with it (search
the mailing list archive, for details).
I think, it has been recently compiled for Python 2.3 (which
is a requirement for use together with Zope 2.7).
Again, search the archive, to find an URL.

--
Dieter