[Zope-DB] DCOracle, Oracle 7.3.5 and Linux

Ole Edsberg edsberg at idi.ntnu.no
Mon Jun 28 06:01:10 EDT 2004

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004, Dario Lopez-Kästen wrote:

> Install a newer version of the Oracel clinet on your linux machine, 8 or
> 9 should be best.
>
> Then use DCOracle2 and compile DCOracle2 with tohose libs.
>
> Newer clients, unless I am utterly mistaken, should work ok with older
> oracle versions.

That sounds like a good idea. I didn't know the client was backward
compatible. My teammate figured out a way that we could use JDBC to get at
the data, so the need is not so urgent anymore, but I'll try it out when I
get the time. (Oracle doesn't like Debian, so I will have to install RH 7
or something.)

> Hope this helps,

It certainly does. Thanks!

Ole