[Zope-DB] Re: Oracle & Zope

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Tue Jun 29 05:03:36 EDT 2004

Matthew T. Kromer wrote:
> The Matt he was referring to was probably me.

Yep :-)

> I will generally help debug & diagnose issues with the C driver that are
> brought to my attention, but I dont work on it very actively any more.

That's what I figured. IF you're not using it but you are maintining it then
scratching other peoples itches becomes much less interesting... Hence if the
cxOracle guys are using it for their business, it might be a preferable place to
work from...

> I went out and set up a SourceForge site to host the code (I want to
> move it off of zope.org and split the Oracle adapter and Zope adapters
> apart again) but I haven't done anything further at this stage.

What's the project name? What's currently in the project CVS?

> Chris has patched some of the Zope driver-isms that cause some of the
> worst behavior in the driver, but MOST of the Zope 2 RDBMS plumbing is
> overdue for the attack of the roto-rooters to clean out 5 years of
> sediment.

See my other mail ;-)

cheers,

Chris