[Zope-DB] Re: [Zope] ZOracleDA: compiling dco2.pyd for python23 on windows

Elena Schulz elena.schulz at gmx.net
Thu Mar 11 08:22:37 EST 2004

Hi Chris and Matt,

> For what version of Oracle?
> >     * Oracle9i Enterprise Edition : 9.2.0.1.0 (Production)

> (qyestion for Matt: do you need Oracle installed on the machine to build
dco2.pyd?)
I guess unless you provide the right header and library files of oracle
including all their dependencies you do not need oracle installed.
I compiled it on the very same machine, by the way.

> > DatabaseError: (21301, 'ORA-21301: Nicht im Objektmodus initialisiert')
> Be handy to have that German in English :-S
>From the ORA-21301 Doks:
ORA-21301 not initialized in object mode
Cause: This funciton requires the OCI process to be initialized in object
mode
Action: Specify OCI_OBJECT mode when calling OCIInitialize().

> Matt Kromer's your man here...
Hi Matt, can you help me with the gcc compiling dco2.c with the mingw
compiler.
All my effords with the many gcc options resulted in lots of nice
dco2.pyd's.
But none of them could produce a select on tables except with char-type
data.
I could provide more info about my compiling process if required.

I also tried with swig, too. That did not work at all.

But is there no dco2.pyd for Windows and python 2.3 lying somewhere on
someones box?
Zope 2.7 requires py2.3 and to switch over I need that binary urgently.

-- thanks for any help, Elena