[Zope-DB] Question: detecting aborted transactions

Chris Withers lists at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Mar 17 04:17:27 EST 2004

Matthew T. Kromer wrote:

> commit during the vote phase.   Depending on the semantics of your
> adapter (none of them do two phase to my knowledge)

My branch of ZOracleDA MAY do tpc, I honestly can't remember if I sacrificed a
goat or a chicken...

> What you *probably* want to look at doing is tweaking the posgresql
> adapter to see what error types it is throwing, and if you're getting a
> serialization error turn that into a ConflictError so that Zope retries
> the request for you.

I believe that Zope REQUEST's have a retry method, I remember using thing is my
ZOracleDA branch for the case when the connection had died, the logic roughly
goes: bury the dead connection, open a new one, retry the request...

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk