[Zope-DB] dco.connect ServerContext's

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Mar 24 10:07:16 EST 2004

Hi Matt,

Looking at dco2.c on my branch, I see that the ServerContext returned by:

dco2.connect(u, p, dbname)

...has a close method.

A ServerContext instance is, I presume, then stored in the _db attribute of the
DCOracle2.connection instance returned by the DCOracle2.connect function that
ZOracleDA uses to get its connections?

Right, that leaves me a little baffled as to why the people trying my ZOracleDA
branch are getting:

   File /usr/local/Zope-2.6.1-src/lib/python/Products/ZOracleDA/DABase.py, line
140, in manage_close_connection
     (Object: db)
   File /usr/local/Zope-2.6.1-src/lib/python/Products/ZOracleDA/connections.py,
line 124, in close
   File DCOracle2/DCOracle2.py, line 295, in close

...how can a DCOracle2.connection class end up with a _db attribute that doesn't
have a close method?

cheers,

Chris

PS: The handling of the _cursor attribute, and that whole mess with the
__getattr__ seem pretty nasty. Are they still necessary?

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk