[Zope-DB] mysql with zope - newcomer

Charlie Clark charlie at egenix.com
Tue Nov 2 07:21:03 EST 2004

On 2004-11-02 at 11:28:19 [+0100], Ivan Horvath - mail-list
<i.horvath at alco.co.hu> wrote:
> Hello Andreas,
>
>       ok thank you
>       it is just describing how to connect directly to a tables, how
>       insert, update, delete rows.
>
>       how can i proceed if i have a so called business logic,
>       transactions, update conflicts?

Zope handles transactions for you, the rest should be handled by your RDBMS

>       i downloaded zope3, is there a big changes from version 2.x?

In some ways, yes. Zope 3 is not finished yet and I think that few people
on this list are using it so if you need help you are better off starting
with Zope 2.x particularly as the documentation is better.

Good luck!

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark