AW: [Zope-DB] Zip-Distances: MySQL or ZopeDB?

Gregor Melhorn g.melhorn at web.de
Tue Oct 19 07:24:38 EDT 2004

Dear Charlie, dear Andreas,

wow, response was fast, hail to the community! :-)

I thought of using Mysql 4 on Linux for the backend - I didn't go further
into this for now, since we're planning to develop the application with
performance in mind, and when near completion we'll look for an appropriate
hard- and software backend, buying in as necessary and doing extensive
performance testing on different configurations.

We chose Zope, since in need of performance and scalability I didn't see
anything that would scale so well as Zope and at the same time be so easy to
develop with. Do you have any suggestions on the mysql backend, too?

I'll try exUserFolder, though 12 open bugs and a version number of 0.20.1
don't make me that confident. Anyway, it seems to work for others, too...
Any suggestions on where to get documentation on this one?

Thanks for your suggestions
Gregor