[Zope-DB] Initializing DCOracle2 and connecting to outside script

Jim Abramson jabramson at wgen.net
Tue Oct 19 13:52:11 EDT 2004

Barry,

Second question first: Zope doesn't work this way; from Zope objects
(such as Page Templates) you won't be able to reference scripts or other
things on your filesystem directly.  Based on the evidence it seems like
you ought to be looking into what "ExternalMethods" can do for you - I
recommend checking out the Zope Book for a primer (search zope.org and
you'll find links).  I don't think Cx_Oracle is going to be of any use
to you in the Zope world.

As far as your first question, one would need to know the Zope/python
versions you have installed (the python that came with Zope is the one
of interest, not any standalones you might also have installed) to give
better advice.  But something you definitely want to make sure of is
that you're running install.py with the python.exe that came with Zope
(again, not a standalone python install).  If it still doesn't work, I
would recommend posting back to this list with the above-mentioned
version info and someone might be able to give you specific advice.

hth
Jim