[Zope-DB] return count() from mysql in zope

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Mon Sep 6 13:48:26 EDT 2004

Please stay on the list!

James R. Saker Jr. wrote at 2004-9-5 15:22 -0500:
>I've tried this approach and it parses, but still comes back with an
>empty value, where the sql method run directly in zope ("change and
>test") yields a value.

You really need some background reading -- you must understand
what the various "dtml-XXX" constructs do (and what they do not).

Unless you added something (most likely a "dtml-var") to
my sample code, the result is an empty page (of course)
as there is nothing that produces any output.

Thus, read the Zope Book and maybe

  <http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope/book/chap3.html>

Understand the various "dtml-XXX" constructs. Then try again.

--
Dieter