[Zope-DB] Re: DCOracle2

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Tue Sep 7 04:20:45 EDT 2004

Hi Volker,

(moving onto the list since others my help/benefit)

Volker Apelt wrote:

> Do you know who is currently maintainig the DCOracle2 package
> or has sufficient knowledge on the C part to do some debugging?

Seems to be myself and Matt Kromer. Matt's the guy with the C knowledge
but he has even less time than I do :-/

> Matthew Kromer is no longer employed at Zope and has not time
> left to maintain it.

...yep, but he's the only guy with the knowledge.

> I have encountered a strange exception thrown by  DCOracle2
>   dco2.DatabaseError: (24358, 'ORA-00000: normal, successful completion')
> and dont know who could tell whether it is a bug in DCOracle2 or
> if its an error in my code.

That is indeed odd, since the code seems to indicate there weren't any
problems. Matt, you seen this before?

Volker, what version of Zope, Python, Oracle, ZOracleDA and DCOracle 2
are you using?

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk