[Zope-DB] Issues with Mysql & Oracle

David db92rj45 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 04:06:22 EDT 2005

On Apr 2, 2005 6:59 AM, Cliff Ford <Cliff.Ford at ed.ac.uk> wrote:
> Don't know what the equivalent for Windows is, but on *ix you can start
> Zope in the foreground and see what the startup sequence messages have
> to say. Also, try looking in the logs. If Zope fails to start there
> should be an error report somewhere.
>
> Cliff

Hi,
Just to update on this, I have successfully configured Mysql 4.1 with
Zope after going back to an older Python release (2.3.4) and thanks to
some useful instructions from from
http://www.pastrytech.com/willy/zopemysql.html. So at least now we
have a database to use.

As for Oracle, I tried to look at the logs in <Zope-Instance-dir>\log
folder and found nothing there about errors. Sorry for being such a
newbie in Zope but I thought Zope's debug-mode is on by default. Any
suggestions on how to display such errors?

Btw, could it be an issue with Zope's Python being a newer version
(2.3.4) than the one that ZOracleDA was installed with (current
version requires Python 2.1)?

Thanks very much for your help,
David