[Zope-DB] Issues with Mysql & Oracle

Charlie Clark charlie at egenix.com
Mon Apr 4 14:30:04 EDT 2005

On 2005-04-03 at 10:06:22 [+0200], David <db92rj45 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Just to update on this, I have successfully configured Mysql 4.1 with
> Zope after going back to an older Python release (2.3.4) and thanks to
> some useful instructions from from
> http://www.pastrytech.com/willy/zopemysql.html. So at least now we
> have a database to use.
>
> As for Oracle, I tried to look at the logs in <Zope-Instance-dir>\log
> folder and found nothing there about errors. Sorry for being such a
> newbie in Zope but I thought Zope's debug-mode is on by default. Any
> suggestions on how to display such errors?
>
> Btw, could it be an issue with Zope's Python being a newer version
> (2.3.4) than the one that ZOracleDA was installed with (current
> version requires Python 2.1)?

Hi David,

you must run Zope 2.7 with Python 2.3 and, therefore, any modules for this
must also be for Python 2.3. When running Zope on Windows you should run
this using runzope.bat so that you can see any errors. In addition you
should check the debug settings in /etc/zconfig as Zope 2.7 is set up by
default to stop if it cannot load a Product.

Regarding your choice of database. This should really be dictated by your
application needs. However, you might like to try our mxODBCZopeDA to help
you decide as it will work with both and is easy to set up in Windows.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
eGenix.com