[Zope-DB] Re: Typical size of result sets

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Jan 24 04:46:36 EST 2005

Charlie Clark wrote:
> Unclear at the moment, but quite possible.

Well, I do hope so, 'cos that's the way to get it into the core...

> It depends largely on the sense of
> using it with other ZopeDAs, ie. support for positional parameters. There are
> minimal changes to the DAs required but these will be clearly spec'd.

Interfaces too? wow, that would be fantastic!

> This is the idea. The resulting product will be considerably smaller than the
> existing one.

Heh, the "existing one" is some of the oldest code in Zope, and boy does
it show...

>>Speaking of which, what scripting language does posSQL use for building
>>SQL within posSQL methods?
>
> I favour a ZPT approach and am thinking of something like SQL-Templates but
> this I guess I need to start playing with it for more clarity.

I'd love to see ZSQL templates done with ZPT :-)

waiting with anticipation...

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk