[Zope-DB] Basic Zope-DB question

Jim Abramson jabramson at wgen.net
Thu Jul 21 09:48:00 EDT 2005

let's say your DA 'instance' is located at /Database/cx1

In your FS Product code, you'd probably be able to get your hands on it
like this:  self.Database.cx1

(This makes some very broad assumptions about how your Product is
structured, but hopefully it's a start for you)

Personally I think it's easier, as long as you're in an FS-based
Product, to deal directly with whatever database interface (bypassing
its Zope adapter and Zope's transaction machinery).  The thing you
either lose or gain by doing this (it depends what your goals are): you
have to handle RDBMS transactions 'manually'.

hth
Jim

  _____