[Zope-DB] Mysql-zope integrations problem

srikanth srikanth.m at monsterfirst.com
Wed Mar 9 19:27:46 EST 2005

 Hi,
     I am installing zope on my linux system and want it to use the
MYSQL database which is located on different server. I was trying to
install the mysqldb for python and it come up with the following error.

Mysqlclient is located at /usr/local2/mysql/lib. How can I configure
this to look up ther specified location for mysql client.

running build
running build_py
running build_ext
building '_mysql' extension
gcc -pthread -shared build/temp.linux-i686-2.3/_mysql.o
-L/usr/local2/mysql/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient_r -lz -lpthread -lcrypt
-lnsl -lm -lpthread -lmysqlclient_r -o
build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/_mysql.so
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lmysqlclient_r
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
ta

---