[Zope-DB] External methods and zope objects

srikanth srikanth.m at monsterfirst.com
Mon Mar 21 19:29:07 EST 2005

just wondering  if external methods too return zope objects. I will try to be more specific.

My external method is an python script that access the database and get a recordset for me. It passes back the recordset to the dtml method( as i am using an dtml to call the external method). When i try to display the things. The only thing i was able to do was display the whole record set using an <dtml-var <method-name> .
i tried with <dtml-in and <dtml-call but both of them also did the same thing,  so i just wonder if the external method is passing back an Result Object or just a string.

Is there any way that i can call a script from another script. I mean if its passing back a string, i can use another script to format the string into items which would be helpfull to dispaly in a table format.

ta.