[Zope-DB] Help with a Postgres and Psycopg in Win200

Jose Z N el_maese_z at yahoo.com.mx
Wed Sep 7 02:54:01 EDT 2005

Hi everyone, here you are a question from a new one in the Zope Word

I Have just installed an out of the Box Zope  2.8.1. in a win 2k box. I need to connect with Postgres ( PostgreSQL 8.0 in the same machine). Searching in the Zope web site I found that i need a connector Psycopg, i found the binary in http://www.zope.org/Members/pvl/PsycopgWin32

After I unzip the file I found tree directories, I read what todo with the dll and mx folders BUT later It says "Place the database adapter folder in Zope products directory" I don`t Know exactly what to do.

After searching My first attempt was to going inside the Zope  control panel
choose the Product Management Link and  Add a product named ZPsycopgDA inside I try to add file by file of the thirth unziped folder but I couldn`t because one file is named __init__.py and zope send me a error message because I can`t load a file that begins with underscore  :(  :(
I load it with other name but I ca`t rename by the same razon

Can you help me, is my approach right with the product directory?
and how do you load a file beginninwith _ ( underscore)
And what is the righ kid of file to choose to load python file and dhtml files

Regards

Jose Luis Zaragoza

PD: By the way in Mexico a "Zope" is a typycal food,it`s ridiculous  to spend four nights  trying to setup a  "near hotdog" software.

Correo Yahoo!
Regístrate ya - http://correo.yahoo.com.mx/