[Zope-DB] Help request from a non-developer

Christophe Appell butchfag at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 12:19:38 EDT 2006

On 4/14/06, Andreas Jung <lists at zopyx.com> wrote:
> > Can you give me an idea of the level of effort to accomplish this
> > partial data abstraction ?
> This depends really on your individual use case. Sometimes you have an
> exisiting RDBMS and want to store additional content in the ZODB and
> sometimes it is vice versa.

In this case _everything_ is currently in the ZoDB and I want to be
able to protect some of the data. I am in no way attempting to impose
a database choice, there is no reason in particular in this case that
pushes us to use an RDBMS. In fact another hypothesis I had thought
about was setting up a ZEO server to abstract the data, perhaps this
is a better route ?

Christopher Appell