[Zope-DB] ZOPE and "find in files feature"

Harry Spier harryspier at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 20 05:51:18 EDT 2006

Dear list members,

I am a Python programmer but not familiar with ZOPE.

I am building a website with a MYSQL database of text documents (several
thousand).  I need to construct a feature similar to a "find in files" of a
text editor.

I.e. the user will enter a text string in a form on the client-side and be
passed back a results page from the server giving all the lines in the files
in the Mysql database that contain that string. When he clicks on a line in
the results page it will cause the file containing that line to be
downloaded.

Are there features in ZOPE that do any of this kind of functionality.

Many thanks,
Harry

Harry Spier
371 Brickman Rd.