[Zope-DB] Warnings from mxODBC in 2.8.5

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Fri Jan 20 05:17:34 EST 2006

Chris Withers wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I get the following warnings from mxODBC on Zope 2.8.5:
>
> lib/python/OFS/Application.py:788:
> DeprecationWarning: __init__.py of Products.mxODBCZopeDA has a long
> deprecated '__ac_permissions__' attribute. '__ac_permissions__' will be
> ignored by install_product in Zope 2.10. Please use registerClass instead.
>   DeprecationWarning)
> lib/python/OFS/Application.py:803:
> DeprecationWarning: __init__.py of Products.mxODBCZopeDA has a long
> deprecated 'meta_types' attribute. 'meta_types' will be ignored by
> install_product in Zope 2.10. Please use registerClass instead.
>   DeprecationWarning)
> lib/python/OFS/Application.py:820:
> DeprecationWarning: __init__.py of Products.mxODBCZopeDA has a long
> deprecated 'methods' attribute. 'methods' will be ignored by
> install_product
> in Zope 2.10. Please use registerClass instead.
>   DeprecationWarning)
>
> Have other people seen this?
> I tried adding a warning filter but it didn't have any effect. My only
> guess is becuase mxODBC ships only as .pyc files :-S

The warning filter should work for any Python code which
issues these warnings, regardless of where and how it is
defined. However, you'd have to register
the filter early during Zope startup in order for it
to be active by the time OFS.Application.py is imported.

> Anyway, I guess this is mainly aimed at the eGenix people: is there a
> version of mxODBC available which has these problems fixed?

No. The reason is that the mxODBC Zope DA supports many old
Zope versions (starting with Zope 2.3).

Our next version will only be available for Zope 2.7 onwards
and will remove much of the old-style interface logic which
we still have to keep around for backwards compatibility
reasons.

Cheers,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Jan 20 2006)