[Zope-DB] dealing with dropped database connections

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Sun Jan 22 08:57:40 EST 2006

also sprach Seth Gottlieb <sgottlieb at optaros.com> [2006.01.18.1523 +0100]:
> You might also consider using SQLRelay.  I wrote some blog posts talking
> about connecting to a relational database.  There might be some useful
> information there:
>
> http://contenthere.blogspot.com/2005/12/zoracle-part-i-problem.html
> http://contenthere.blogspot.com/2005/12/zoracle-part-ii-solution.html
> http://contenthere.blogspot.com/2005/12/zoracle-part-iii-connecting-zope-to.html

These are very interesting. However, with SQLRelay, I am still bound
to use SQLRelayDA for Zope, and as Charlie postulated that stale
database connections are in part due to Zope's DA framework,
I wonder how using SQLRelay would address the problem; if the
connection to the SQLRelay server is lost, Zope would similarly hang
itself up, wouldn't it?

Or do you recommend running SQLRelay on the Zope server? How does
SQLRelay then manage a connection that is stale?

Thanks,

  \____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:" net at madduck

invalid/expired pgp (sub)keys? use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!
spamtraps: madduck.bogus at madduck.net

"women who want to be equal to men lack ambition."
                                                      -- timothy leary