[Zope-DB] Warnings from mxODBC in 2.8.5

Charlie Clark charlie at egenix.com
Mon Jan 23 07:04:19 EST 2006

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 11:53:41 +0100, Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk>
wrote:

> Charlie Clark wrote:
>  You shouldn't worry too much! I'd just installed the FreeBSD port for
> 2.9.0 which was actually 2.8.5!
>  Haha... okay, that just makes me even more scared of FreeBSD...

Oh, it shouldn't! FreeBSD's ports are excellent and really easy to use. It
was my mistake as I should have read the package information. I have
reported the mislabelling to the maintainer.

The current breakneck pace of Zope releases doesn't make it easy for
companies like us providing Zope add-ons. The last couple of releases have
all had minor changes in the architecture which have required changes to
the mxODBCZopeDA for compatability. We are still waiting for the Windows
binary version of Zope 2.9 before we release anything for it.

Charlie