[Zope-DB] Adding and retrieving files from PostgreSQL with ZPsycopgDA

Maciej Zięba krokodylek at tenbit.pl
Fri Jun 30 15:43:53 EDT 2006

Hi :)

I wanted to ask if there's any way to send a file to PostgreSQL database?

The file I have is taken from REQUEST, from multipart form. I need to
send it to the database and later retrieve it when needed. I guess I
should use the bytea field and an Z SQL Methods.

But how can I send the file? - dtml-sqlvar can only be of "string",
"int", "float" or "nb" type. How should the method's template look like?

And how do I get the bytes back and re-create the file object?

I guess what I need to know is how you send binary data with ZPsycopgDA...

I really need help with this :-( Any suggestions are really, really
welcome. If there's any more information needed please let me know.

Please excuse my poor English :)

Best regards,
Maciej Zieba