[Zope-DB] Pitfall: mxODBCZopeDA and test runner in 2.9+

Charlie Clark charlie at egenix.com
Mon Oct 16 09:58:37 EDT 2006

Am 16.10.2006, 15:10 Uhr, schrieb Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk>:

> Charlie Clark wrote:
> Technically you should actually use $INSTANCE_HOME/modules at least for
> Never heard of 'modules' before, where did you read about this?

My bad - I'm sure I saw it on one of the more recent Zope versions but
you're right ../lib/python is the right target for packages.

>  newer versions of Zope and I think this is also the way to go in the
> future. We've stuck with $INSTANCE_HOME/lib as this works with so many
> different versions of Zope which we try and support - helping users
> install mxODBC correctly is the number one support issue.
>  Then give them a normal source install  (and it's
> $INSTANCE_HOME/lib/python ...)

Sorry, but that wouldn't help the users I'm talking about!

Charlie

--
Charlie Clark
eGenix.com

Try mxODBC.Zope.DA for Windows, Mac OS, Linux, Solaris, FreeBSD for free!