[Zope-DB] Process one PloneFormGen request into many SQL tables

Paul Eipper lkraider at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 14:10:26 EST 2007

Thanks for all the responses, they really help

> >  2) Is a ZSQL Method automatically executed as a transaction? Or do I
> > need to manually define BEGIN; COMMIT; to guarantee I am getting the
> > correct data?
> Yes.

Hmm, that was "Yes, it does the transaction thing automatically." or a
"Yes, you need to do it manually." ??

Dennis, I will start looking at SQLAlchemy, it sounds very
interesting. I was under the impression I needed alchemist to work
with that on Zope.

At a point I was really thinking in doing it all with mySQL stored
procedures, but thought that doing the actual logic in Python would be
much better, since I would have to learn the stored procedures
'language' also otherwise.

Anyways, I am progressing with scripting in Python code here, even if
very slowly :P

Best Regards,
--
Paul Eipper