[Zope-DB] Help me.

Charlie Clark charlie at egenix.com
Tue Mar 11 12:06:38 EDT 2008

Am 11.03.2008, 16:13 Uhr, schrieb Cu Vinh Loc <cvloc at cit.ctu.edu.vn>:

>   Dear friends,
>  I am using plone for deploying the website, but I have some problems
> such as:
>    - Using relational (internal) database "Gadfly database": I do not
> know
> where the database is stored in the Zope. Can I manipulate directly
> this database "visual"?
>    - Users and groups: How to assign this permissions to my website.
>  Could you show me how to implement that easily.

Dear Cu Vin Loc,

you have simply reposted your e-mail to the Archetypes list this morning
apparently without looking at the documentation I suggested.

While you are reading up on the basics of using Zope and relational
databases it might be an idea to let us know exactly what you want to do.
As a kick-start on using Zope you might also wish to look at my
presentation at EuroPython last year. It covers the very basics of using
ZSQL in Zope and there is a download with code for your to play with.

http://www.egenix.com/library/presentations/EuroPython2007-Zope-and-RDBMS/

Good luck!

Charlie
--