[Zope-DB] Re: Zope-DB Digest, Vol 56, Issue 1

Charlie Clark charlie at egenix.com
Wed Mar 12 03:48:14 EDT 2008

Am 12.03.2008, 03:50 Uhr, schrieb Cu Vinh Loc <cvloc at cit.ctu.edu.vn>:

> Dear friends,

> In my website, there are many user groups and each group will have
> different persission but I do not know how to assign permission for
> certain users. Assume that I have a form that including some functions
> such as: view, update, insert, delete. In this case, if users have normal
> permission they are only view but users have hight permission they can
> update, insert, delete,...

In Zope itself you do not assign permissions directly to individual users
rather to roles. There are extensions which allow groups and Plone
includes groups.

> I use gadfly DB to create own database. In this case, can I combine this
> DB with users table of the system?

Yes, but not with Gadfly. Zope has it's own object oriented database which
is usually sufficient for most things. If you wish to integrate Zope with
an external database for user management then you need to look at PAS
(Pluggable Authentication Service) or exUserFolder.

> Please show me how to perfome that in plone and zope.

Based on the information you've given us so far we can't do much. It is
not clear whether you actually need to work with an external data system.
If you only need to divide your users into groups then the user management
in Plone should be sufficient. Look at the Plone Control Panel.

And please try to use some of the abundant documentation on these topics.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
eGenix.com