[Zope-DB] ZSQL Question - Insert multiple rows in one statement?

Garry Saddington garry at schoolteachers.co.uk
Tue Aug 24 12:16:26 EDT 2010

Andreas Jung wrote:

> I would assume that you can use DTML-IN for looping and generating
> multiple SQL statements of the same kind. You have to ensure that
> the statements having a proper delimiter (there was something in DTML?!
> DTML-SQLDELIMITER?...no idea, you need to checks the docs of this
> ancient technology).

Andreas is correct but the delimiter is <dtml-sql_delimiter>.
Probably better to do this in python script, but here are some code
snippets to help you:
In the form:

<select name="seasons:list" multiple="multiple">

In the ZSQL method:

<dtml-in seasons>
<dtml-var sql_delimiter>

insert statement goes here, don't forget the ; at the end.

</dtml-in>

Hope this is of some help, others may want to chip in with other
suggestions, such as doing the same in python. Anyway good luck.
Garry