[Zope-dev] Am I doing something wrong - Internal Error with missing required arg

skip@mojam.com (Skip Montanaro) skip@mojam.com (Skip Montanaro)
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 15:45:38 -0400

I have the following simple form:

  <FORM method="GET" action="http://cm-29-94-14.nycap.rr.com/search">
    Performer: <INPUT type="text" name="performers:required" value="">
    <INPUT type="submit" value="Search">
  </FORM>

If I submit the form without filling in the input field I get an error code
500 instead of a "No input for required field" message.  This is what
ZServer spits out:

    Server Error: exceptions.ValueError, No input for required field performers<p>: file: /home/killer-whale/skip/src/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Converters.py line: 114

Any suggestions?

Thx,

Skip Montanaro	| Mojam: "Uniting the World of Music" http://www.mojam.com/
skip@mojam.com  | Musi-Cal: http://www.musi-cal.com/