[Zope-dev] Re: RE: [Zope-dev] Debugging woes...

Brian Brown brian@sis-inc.com
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 15:30:09 -0600

 <613145f79272d211914b0020aff6401914dad-@gandalf.digicool.com> wrote:
Original Article: http://www.egroups.com/list/zope/?start=4326
> > On April 19th I posted a problem try to get the ZOracleDA working,
and
> > am continuing to troubleshoot - I am running the Zope Debugger via
the
> > following script:
> >
> > python /opt/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Test.py
> >     -e id="Oracle_database_connection" -e title="Z Oracle Database
> > Connection"
> >     -e connection_string="system/manager@openview"
> >     -e check="YES"
> >     -e AUTHENTICATED_USER=formus
> >     -d /opt/Zope/lib/python/Main /manage_addZOracleConnection
> >
> > (I added the carriage returns to make it easier to read). This is
the
> > output I recieve:
>
> > I at first tried it without the AUTHENTICATED_USER variable, but it
> > gives me the same output. I don't understand how to get access to
the
> > method - I've even changed the zope permissions to allow an
anonymous
> > user to add ZOracleDA Connections and view management screens.
> >
> > Any ideas???
> >
> > In need,
> >
> > Brian
>
> I believe you need to pass the right username/password to
> the script with -u, as in:
>
>  python /opt/Zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Test.py
>      -u myusername:mypassword
>      -e id="Oracle_database_connection"
>      -e title="Z Oracle Database Connection"
>      -e connection_string="system/manager@openview"
>      -e check="YES"
>      -d /opt/Zope/lib/python/Main /manage_addZOracleConnection

I started out using the -u switch, but it doesn't seem to make any
difference. I just realized, however - that I don't have any "real" Zope
users, only the one in the access file.... I'll try that and let you
know!

Thanks for replying!