[Zope-dev] accentued character input

Service Informatique CHSR chsrinfo@guetali.fr
Mon, 26 Apr 1999 17:15:51 +0400

Hello,

Using accentued characters in properties (I'm french) can pose
problems. All editing forms in Zope and many products
I have seen are written as:

<input type=text name=field value="<!--#var field-->">

But should be written as:

<input type=text name=field value="<!--#var field html_quote-->">

Let the title be "Formulaire d'édition".
I write: "Formulaire d'&eacute;dition" on a Windows platform,
which is correctly input into the base.
But it is displayed as "Formulaire d'édition" (yo, viva HTML!).
So, if I hit "Save changes" twice, "Formulaire d'édition" is
put in the database.
Now if I try to browse the document from Unix, I can see
a little box instead of "é".

Zope is not the only product affected by this. I had the same
problem with TinyTable, and some others.

My current Zope installation is heavily modified :-(, so I won't submit
the patch, but you know what to do.

PS: I should have used the Collector to report this, but I don't have
access to internet today. What about a mail gateway to
the Collector?

Regards,
Jephte CLAIN
Service Informatique