[Zope-dev] My sister was bit by an aq_base once

Mike Pelletier mike@compar.com
Fri, 30 Apr 1999 14:06:39 -0400 (EDT)

    Mmm!  Lunch tastes better on a patio.

On Fri, 30 Apr 1999, Jim Fulton wrote:

> Why are you using aq_base in the first place?

    I am having trouble comparing self to items in lists or attributes of
other objects.  In some cases, when I _know_ self and
some_obj.some_attr/some_list[0] refer to the same object, they don't evaluate
as equal.  I haven't figured out the pattern, but whether or not the POS has
been restarted seems to be significant in SOME instances.

    A couple of examples of what I'm trying to do:

	def UserEntries(self):
	    return filter(lambda a, self=self: self==a.user, self.HGEntries())

	def UserTasks(self):
	    return filter(lambda a, self=self: self in a.users, self.HGTasks())

    HGEntries and HGTasks are both acquired.  They return a list each.  It
seems to work more reliably when I use "self=self.aq_base" in the second
example function.

> Zen is understanding.  I think you are relying on lore, which looks
> like, but is not Zen. ;)

    I'd debate the definitive definitions of the metaphorical jargon being
applied to the grokking of Zope, but that's probably too off topic.  One way
or the other, I'm not grokking SOMETHING.

Thanks!
Mike.

--
       ---              | Mike Pelletier             Work: 519-746-1607
        /opeware!       | Software Developer         Home: 519-725-7710