[Zope-dev] the birth of ZCommerce

Brad Clements bkc@murkworks.com
Tue, 3 Aug 1999 19:16:54 -0400

On 3 Aug 99, at 18:44, Josh Zeidner wrote:

>   Possibly NEITHER! (put that in your pipe and smoke it).  Maybe the
> inventory info can come from our accounting system?  That would be a
> feature not really offered by any existing commerce package- what most
> ecommerce packages attempt to do is EVERYTHING.  What the aim of this
> project should be is to offer a way to sell products that live in an
> existing system( such as Quicken or SAP ) and allow the process of
> marketing/retail to be automated through the net.  *Anything* that has to
> do with accounting should be the domain of the accounting system.

I'd like to mention that Peachtree 2000 (don't wince) is essentially a
double-entry accounting system that runs on top of ODBC, which could
be MS Jet, SQL Server or Oracle based.

This is the first "low cost" small business accounting system that I've
seen that is open and extendable.

The price: $99

Its fully multi-user LAN capable, blah blah blah..

Too bad we're using an older version that is based on Btrieve.. :-(

Brad Clements,                bkc@murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
netmeeting: ils://ils.murkworks.com               ICQ: 14856937