[Zope-dev] the birth of ZCommerce

Josh Zeidner jmz_phylogenic@hotmail.com
Wed, 04 Aug 1999 13:15:54 EDT

>    I think this is a great idea.... of course I'd also like to keep
>improving the EMarket product and make it more useful. For what it's
>worth, I'm working on a non-cookie based session management system for
>EMarket... simple, but should be workable.

  Why don't we combine efforts?  It seems to me wasteful for several people
to be making the same thing.

>Also... it can already do
>secure transactions (that's what the transaction server product is
>about), unless I'm missing your point.

  Last time I used EMarket, it didn't yet have the transaction server.

>I'm also going to look at the
>new Cyber Cash product where I get chance and make sure that EMarket
>interoperates with it properly. I'd like to make EMarket simple, but
>flexible so that different folks could use it either as a starting
>point, or a 'ready to go' Product in very diverse ways....

  Steve- please don't take any comment I might have made personally.  But
understand that most business people would simply throw your ECommerce
product out the window in favor of something more stable and easier to use.

  -Josh Z