[Zope-dev] Product variable values

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 13:44:13 -0400

This is because _v_ objects are stored in the cache with other objects.
When the deactivator code comes around to delete some of the objects and
toss them in the persistent storage, _v_ objects are simply thrown away.
So you are correct, _v_ objects are not guarenteed to live as long as
the Zope process or between HTTP requests.

> 'name' values are *sometimes* retained from one get to the next
> within a _bobo_traverse__(), and again, I can't identify when or
> why. However, changes to 'name' variables are stored in the Zope
> database, so that's also out.

Sounds like you just want 'name' objects that don't subclass
Persistence.Persistent.  They won't be 'del'ed by the persistence
machinery and will go away when the process quits.

-Michel